Powered By Blogger

Welcome

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

"History is a relentless master. It has no present, only the past rushing into the future. To try to hold fast is to be swept aside."
John F. Kennedy



Welcome to American History, Grades 6-8

In this classroom blog we will be discussing some of the most important events in American History such as the American Revolution, the Texas War for Independence, the American Civil War, the Reconstruction Era and many more. We will transport ourselves back into history and imagine what it was like forging a new nation. This blog will allow you to discuss these events with your classmates, outside the standard classroom setting. I will include weekly units covering different events in American History. Unit 1 - Unit 4 are already posted for review and discussion. After Unit 4, I will post a new unit every week.  Since this classroom blog is included in your final grade, I expect 100% participation from all my students. I will also post information stories relating to historical events in American History. These stories are for information only and do not require participation. I will monitor all blogs to ensure appropriate communication is being conducted at all times. At any time if you have any questions, or need any assistance, please contact me at bryan.alberts@uncw.edu.

Thank you
Bryan J. Alberts


0 comments:

Post a Comment